February 20, 2012

Juicing!

Ok, so I don't have a fancy juicer or anything. But I've got a blender. And I've got tons of fruit!


I've been wanting to get into juicing for a while, but when I've researched recipes and information, I either couldn't find anything good or I'd come across a site that was just information overload! My brain tends to shut down when presented with too much information all at once. lol! I've been following Natalie Jill on Facebook, and she's come out with a smoothie/juice recipe book for download. $15. Done. I bought it and I can't wait to try them all! I went a little crazy with the fruit buying today. But I figured I could get a ton, then bag it by smoothie recipe and freeze it. Then I can just get up in the morning, pop my bag for the day in the blender, add the liquid ingredients and protein and BOOM. Smoothie time! All this fruit is enough to make over 30 smoothies. (I prepped Strawberry and Banana Heaven, Just Peachy, Fountain of Youth, Lean Peach, Tangerine Blast, PinĂ¡ Colada, Berry Blast, Beta Boost and Apple Berry. I got about 4 of each.)




I haven't been able to talk myself into trying the ones with vegetables. Yet. Next grocery shop, though, I will do the same thing for the veggie based smoothies. (In all fairness, Beta Boost has carrots. ;)

Natalie also has recipes for coffee/dessert/cocktail inspired smoothies, and a few smoothie chain knock offs. You'd think I was being paid for this endorsement, but nope. ;) I seriously just have loved following Natalie that much!