April 30, 2011

What I've Been Up To

The last few weeks have been a complete whirlwind! At the beginning of the month, I was lucky enough to get to meet Teresa Collins. That woman is amazing! Seriously the sweetest, strongest woman ever. I told her about my idea for a scrapbook line and she invited me to lunch to talk about it some more. GAH! Totally one of my most favorite lunches ever. :) I started reading her blog and was so impressed by her as a person. The strength she displays, and the love she has for those around her and her love of what she does. So inspiring! I decided I wanted to make her this, as a thank you for being such an inspiration and for taking time out her insanely busy schedule to help me.

The paper in the dress comes from a TCD line. :)

She totally is strength and love. :)


I love the dimension the ribbon adds to it.

These are vintage buttons from the 1950s. I had to use some from my little stash of vintage buttons for this! They looked to good not to. lol
I've been making more things for my Etsy site as well!

I may just keep this headband for me! hahaha
I made this for a Mother's Day present for myself. ;) 3 pearls for 3 kids! I'll be adding it to the Etsy site soon.
My friend Leslie asked me to sew a bag for her to hold her portfolio pieces for her photography class. I had a lot of fun with this!


She wanted a pocket to put information cards in. I used the same fabric to line the flap.
I put together this frame for Roberts Crafts. We're doing a Youtube video featuring all the new frames that have come into the stores. I did another frame, but don't have a picture of it yet. It was a lot of fun! Think buttons and modeling paste. ;) lol


I'm really looking forward to May! Hopefully it will decide to be spring, and stop snowing on us! Also, it will be my daughter's 8th birthday! She's really excited about being baptized and turning 8. Every time we talk, she's telling me what else she wants to do for her birthday party. LOL! So far, she wants to go to the water park, have a pinata, go see Kung Fu Panda 2 (it comes out ON her birthday, May 26) and I can't even remember what else. I'm sure Pirate Island Pizza is in there too. hahaha! It's going to be a FUN month!!