April 4, 2011

Get Ready for Week 2!

Ok, here is the shopping list for week 2, and a reminder of what week 2's meals are:

Week 2
Breakfast: Oatmeal (I found this amazing instant oatmeal called Oat Fit. I found it at Harmon's on sale for 50¢ a box, with 5 packets per box.)
Snack: Apple (I used apples for Week 1's breakfast, so I might switch to oranges or something.)
Lunch: Gardenburger on Orrowheat bread
Snack: Carrots
Dinner: Spinach & Chickpea Coconut Curry (Make a bunch, separate into containers for each night's meal.)
So here's your shopping list!

• Oat Fit (If you want to just buy a thing of oatmeal and cook it everyday, go for it. Just stick to the serving sizes. When I do this, I add a little bit of brown sugar for flavor.)
• Apples (or another fruit)
• Gardenburgers (The black bean chipotle are AMAZING)
• Orrowheat bread (I love the oatnut. SO good!)
• Carrots
• 2 Cans Chickpeas (I doubled the recipe from The Kind Life blog, since it says it makes 4 servings, that should give the perfect amount for a week when doubled.)
• 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
• 4 Medium Potatoes
• Spinach (you'll need 6 cups worth)
• Cloves
• Tumeric
• Curry Powder
• Garlic Cloves
• 2 Cans Coconut Milk

With the spices, if you already have them then awesome! I have no idea if I do or not. . . There are so many spices in the cupboard I haven't a clue what's in there anymore. LOL So on Wednesday, I'll be hitting the grocery store with this list.

Here's a pic of the Spinach & Chickpea Coconut Curry. Doesn't it look amazing? I'm excited to try it! I won't be having it with rice, just to cut carbs. But if you need a little extra oomph with it, go with brown rice.