September 19, 2011

Meal Ideas

So after the gym's been closed for maintenance the last two weeks, it's finally reopening tomorrow! I've severely slacked the last two weeks. :S I spent most of today cooking and getting my meals ready for the week. Here's what I'm doing this week:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar, raspberries and blackberries.


Morning snack: Yogurt, almonds and a string cheese. Confession. I know Greek yogurt is much better and higher in protein. But I don't like how it tastes. If anyone knows of a YUMMY Greek yogurt, I'm all ears! lol!


Lunch: Spaghetti squash w/ marinara sauce and a broccoli/cauliflower salad. (For the salad, chop up a head of broccoli and a head of cauliflower. Cook up some bacon, and throw in some cashews. Mix mayonaise, sugar and vinegar to taste for the dressing. I don't use a lot of dressing on my salad, just enough to get the flavor.)

I absolutely adore spaghetti squash! To prepare it, cut it in half and scoop out all the "guts." Just like a pumpkin. Poke holes in the skin, turn the halves squash side down, and bake. (I baked it at 350ยบ for about 40-50 minutes.) Using a fork, scrape out all the "spaghetti."



I cut off all the fat before I even cook the bacon. Make it a LITTLE bit "healthier." hahaha!


YUUUUMMMMM!!!


Afternoon snack: Sugar Free Jello Pudding Snack thingy. Chocolate mousse. Hits the spot! I didn't take a picture of it. lol

Dinner: BBQ Chicken over brown rice. I used Stubbs chicken marinade. I WISH I had a bbq here!! It's the only way to have chicken!


Hopefully that gave you some ideas for meals and snacks!! I'm closing in on my 6 month deadline for my first goal, and I'm so far away still. Hopefully there will be no more set backs so I can push through and hit my goal! :D


Have an amazing day everyone!!