May 8, 2011

Birthday Cards

I was so excited to be asked by the Relief Society president in my church (I'm LDS) to make birthday cards each month for the women in the ward! Finally a job in church I can do AND enjoy! LOL! I had a lot of fun with these. Normally, I'm not much of a card maker. Or a scrapbooker. I think I narrowed down WHY I don't do cards or scrapbook often. When I make something, like a jewelry piece, I have TONS of beads, charms, ribbon, chain, etc. in front of me to choose from. I start, back up, change things out, keep going, make another change and so on until I have a piece I'm happy with. It's REALLY hard to do that with paper and embellishments. Once it's down on the page, it's down for good. Unless you want to completely start over and then waste all of that paper. Ya just can't unstick paper. Doesn't work too well. ;)

ANYWAY. So here's what I came up with for the June birthday card:


I thought the yellows, blues and oranges were the perfect combination of colors for the first month of summer! The yellow textured paper is from Core'dinations, the other papers are from the So Sophie line from My Mind's Eye.


I had to make 10 in all. I'm definitely not used to having to make so many of the same thing! lol!


This is such a fun pattern! I love the hint of pink in there with the more melon-y colors. Super fun color combination.


I'm new to the whole border punch thing, but I am LOVING this one from Martha Stewart. I especially love that it came with a corner one. How genius is that?


Orange houndstooth? Yes please!


I created this tag in Adobe Illustrator. The Happy Birthday font is called Doris Day and has totally become my most favorite font! Thanks, Skip, for sending me that one! I'm such a font nerd. lol. Once I stuck the tag down, I used my permaball pen from Pilot to draw an outline around it.

And, because I loves ya, I created a download of the tag for you. :) If you want it. Just click the little image of the arrow pointing down to download it.



Happy Mother's Day everyone!!